RESET SIC WITHOUT RESTARTING CHECK POINT
March 22, 2015 | Filed Under: Check Point
The ability to reset SIC (Secure Internal Communication) without restarting Check Point services isn’t new, but it certainly is cool, and if you don’t know about it, you may be taking unnecessary downtime to the business or customer.
On the firewall
- cp_conf sic init New_Activation_Key norestart
- cpwd_admin stop -name CPD -path “$CPDIR/bin/cpd_admin” -command “cpd_admin stop”
- cpwd_admin start -name CPD -path “$CPDIR/bin/cpd” -command “cpd”
On the management server
- Click on the Security Gateway object.
- Click on ‘Communication’.
- Click ‘Reset’ and confirm.
- Enter the New_Activation_Key (that was used in Step 1 above on Security Gateway).
- Click on ‘Initialize’.
- Install policy, if needed.
Pat yourself on the back for not having to restart the firewall and go celebrate with coffee.